The amendment to the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act in 2011 provided for among other things, the establishment of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Appeals Tribunal (the Tribunal) as an independent body. The Tribunal’s core function is to hear applications for review of decisions of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) made to it by aggrieved bidders or aggrieved procuring and disposing entities. The Tribunal also has power to hear matters referred to it by PPDA.
- Enhance the quality, relevance and delivery of the Tribunal decisions.
- Attract, develop and retain high quality staff adequate for the secretariat.
- Automate and digitalize all the Tribunal activities.
- Enhance the effective stewardship of the Tribunal resources.
- Enhance Tribunal’s effective communication and customer experience.